What is webmin? Webmin is a tool or application administration on UNIX operating system that is web-based. Web-based means such as we make a server with the linux operating system, and then you guys want more easy to set or configure it you can install webmin on servers that webmin access then you guys with a web browser.
In my article, I will discuss how webmin installation, if you want to know more how to configure the server through webmin you guys browsing alone in mbah google and youtube, there are many if you guys want to really try. We simply install webmin on CentOS 7.
- Before initiate the installation we must add his repo into CentOS 7 by way of adding files in/etc/yum.repos.d/webmin.repo
# vi /etc/yum.repos.d/webmin.repo
2. Then add the repo
name=Webmin Distribution Neutral
3. Then install webmin GPG key
# rpm –import http://www.webmin.com/jcameron-key.asc
4. Update repository
# yum check-update
5. Install webmin
# yum install webmin -y
6. Once installed and then start his service and create autostart automatically at boot time takes place
# chkconfig webmin on
# service webmin start
7. Add a firewall so that it can be accessed via port 10000
# firewall-cmd –add-port=10000/tcp
8. Then open a web browser and then access the webmin server address URhttp://[ip way]: 10000
9. Restart the service
10. Then access more diweb browser with username root and password the same as the root password in CentOS, it could’ve been right?